Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Family Video

This past week has been a whirlwind for me....

Last Wednesday Family Video held open interviews from 3 to 6 pm. Since I've been looking for a part time job, Randy and I decided I should go to the interviews and see what happens. Can I just say that I HATE open interviews! It was chaos and there were over 30 people there when I got there. I ended up waiting for over an hour before being interviewed. But the wait paid off and they wanted to bring me back in for some testing....I know, I was thinking "Testing? Are you serious?". But apparently they were....and let me just say this test wasn't a walk in the park - it reminded me of a mini SAT!!! Well, I took the test this past Sunday and passed. I then had to have a final interview with the district manager (a lot of stuff for a job!) yesterday at 1pm. At 1:20 they hired me and asked if I could come in at 4 pm!!! Aftering finding a quick sitter for the kids, I started my new job with Family Video less than 3 hours after being hired!!! Talk about a crazy day! I'm just glad the job search is over. Everyone seems really great there and I really hope its as great as I think it will be.

Randy's excited b/c I get 1/2 off on rentals and we get to see pre-street movies for free (all the movies that don't hit the shelves until the next week)....for those of you who know Randy well, he's on cloud 9 right now! I think it will take some adjustment for the girls...they are used to me putting them to bed and with me working evenings that could be limited. It might even take some adjustment for me not being able to put them to bed!!! I'm excited about my new opportunity though, so everything should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment