Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blessings

God Bless Kind People.

Yesterday evening the lake effect snow began to dump on us, leaving us this morning with 7 inches of newly fallen snow. This is now on top of the previous 18 inches we had. Leaving us with a grand total of 25 inches of snow.

Our driveway looks like a tunnel with all the heaps of snow I've been shoveling up there in the past week. At the end, the mountains are taller than I am. And we can thank the kind street department for the excess of snow at the end of our driveway.

Onto the blessings. In order to get a head start on what I know is going to be at least 4 hours of shoveling (we really need to get our snow thrower working!), I left the girls inside with a disney cartoon and went outside to shovel our back deck walkway and front porch walkway. While out there, I knew I should get started at the end of the driveway where the snow is not only double to triple the height when compared to the rest of the driveway, but it is also heavier! (Thank you street department)

I finished our walkways and made a path to the end of the driveway, where I began shoveling the massive amount of snow dumped in our drive. After I got about 1/2 way through, a kind gentleman in a van offered to help. Not wanting to inconvienience the man, I kindly thanked him but told him I would be okay. I continued shoveling, and at this point I am now walking snow around the 5+ foot tall mountains b/c snow is no longer staying on top of them. I was about 3/4 of the way through when it happened. (and may I mention how proud I was of myself by this point too b/c that snow was heavy!!!!) The street department came by...

A new 4 inches was dumped in the area I had nearly finished shoveling :(

I began re-shoveling the area I had finished when I heard a car stop behind me and kind man ask if he could clear the way for me. I turned to see a huge blue pick up truck with the big "scooper" on the front of it. After the man insisted it wasn't a bother to clear the driveway for me, I conceded to him clearing about the first 15 to 20 feet of it....enough that his 1 minute of scooping will probably save 30 minutes of shoveling for me later. As he told me to have a good day, I shouted out to him "God Bless You" as he drove off. He truly was my blessing for this day.

(Pictures of the mess outside to come soon)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kelly. That's so sad about the street department adding to your pile. :-\

    It gives you some hope that people are still good at heart when someone does something nice like that, though. I'm glad that guy was there to help you.

    ReplyDelete