Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is near

Finally, temps have started to get comfortable again! Its been yucky with rain for the last week, but the girls can't wait to get outside and play (mud and all). Melissa actually said to me the other day, "mommy, its okay if we get muddy" - right after I mopped the entire house! Leave it to kids to find a way to make clean, dirty!

Marian is potty trained (with the exception of nights) and we are awaiting the easter bunny to bring her a "big girl" bed, and Melissa a bunk bed - they will be so excited! Melissa loves singing in the car now - she knows most of her songs on the kid cd, and Marian is starting to pick up on it too - she gets about 1/2 way through the alphabet and then skips to the end. Its progress! Marian's all time favorite song is "if you're happy and you know it"!

Randy has been really busy with work - which is a nice change of scenary from last year for everyone. He's really glad to be working on the project he has right now, and is glad to see all of their hard work being set into motion. Of course, he's been busy at home too. Now that the weather is warming up we have already begun discussing all the outdoor stuff we want to do. It should be a very busy spring/summer for our yard!

I'm finishing up my last two months of school!!!! I'm so excited! I graduate on May 17th, and then have to officially jump into the real world. Job searching has been slow but steady, and we are hopeful I will find something by the time I graduate. In the meantime I am focusing on finishing my classes and preparing for my next round of cakes that I'm going to make. My parents have asked me to make my sisters graduation cake/cupcakes. Pictures of that will be posted in May. But I'm very excited for it - its going to be very Kelsey! I'm also going to be making cakes for my dad's 50th birthday, which happens to coincide with Kelsey's graduation weekend! So the last week of May will be very busy for me. But I can't wait to start doing cakes again!

Hopefully more to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment