Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cakes

For my birthday, Kathy got me a cake decorating set. After a lot of practice on cookies and cupcakes at home (which I think Randy was slightly upset for all the desert stuff he was having to eat :) ) I finally had an opportunity to make a cake for an Easter Celebration at the Cook's house. It turned out pretty cute, kind of like an Easter basket on the sides sitting in grass.





I got my second opportunity to make a cake for my sister Kadra's bridal shower. This one I made using fondant...which is hard and easy at the same time. It takes so long to roll out but getting the cake smooth is so much easier! I used a cookie cutter to cut out the daisy shapes in different colors and then just applied them to the white fondant. Turned out so cute!


1 comment:

  1. OMG how cute!!! i want a cake decorating kit! ;) you are good at it!

    ReplyDelete